Inland Marine Coverage

Inland Marine Coverage

August 30, 2019
Share |

Happy Friday to all my business owners and insurance decision-makers out there!

Today, I wanted to talk briefly about one of the most common mistakes I see when reviewing Commercial Property insurance.

Many business owners (and even some agents) think all business property is covered under the same BPP (Business Personal Property) section of your policy. Thankfully, this is true for most company owned property in your commercial space.

However, if the company owned property is a piece of equipment or a tool that is transported and used away from the premises, you need what is called an Inland Marine policy. An Inland Marine policy is designed to provide protection for "portable" property.

The last thing you want is to incur a loss away from your shop/store... only to find out you are not covered.

If you have any questions pertaining to today's topic or any other commercial insurance-related inquiry, don't hesitate to give me a call!